Rural Community Trust
RCT - History
The trust came into existence in the year 1985 with committed young graduate people as members and began their activities for the development of the poor and the downtrodden for the rural masses in the 100 villages of Mugaiyur KallaKKurichi Blocks of Villupuram District, Tamilnadu.
- Annai Arivalayam ( Mother Teresa )
- Home for Rural Poor Boys – Residential programme for 75 in mates.
- Technical education for Rural Boys and Girls ( Typewriting / Carpentry )
- Development Education ) Non-formal education )
Organization formation of people in Sanghams in 30 village’s of youth, women, small and marginal farmers in 15 villages.
Co-operative education and forming saving’s clubs in 30 villages.
Promoting rural health education programmes through providing better water and sanitation facilities.
Skill training for rural women – Mat weaving / Greeting card making / Tailoring etc. ,under Tamilnadu women’s development corporation.
Mahalir Thittam, Total Sanitation, SSA and Low external input for sustainable agriculture ( LISEA ) -Formation of self-help groups under Mahalir Thittam, Tamilnadu in Mugaiyur & Kallakurichi block
Tsunami relief and rehabilitation programme in KiZ Pudupattu panchayat, Vanur Block, Villupuram District.
Rehabilitation programme for the Tsunami affected villages mainly dalits and Adhivasi
Activities proposed to have voters campaign on dalit women leaders in 12 constituencies with total voters.
District prepwdern and mitigation training program in Cuddalore or Villupuram district coastal villages.
Rural SHG micro credit enterprise development programmes ‐ candle makeup and in Manalurpet and diary development program in Karanai Village Mugaiyur block, Villupuram District.
Participation water network at Villupuram District level an organized a day for water management and utility factors (29/12/2009)
World water day celebration on view of women day celebration jointly organized VCDS & RCT.
Rural SHG micro credit enterprise development programme – dairy development program in Karanai Village Mugaiyur block, Villupuram District.
Who We Are?
RCT team comprises of strong and dedicated group of young working professionals, especially from the low sector, who have come together to work towards common vision and goal. At RCT we firmly believe that enabling access to quality education to the children in the economically weaker sections of the society will bring about positive transformational change not only in their own lives but also in our community and our nation as a whole.
What We Do?
We partner and work with private / government schools and hostels, orphanages, educational blocks at village, Taluk or district level to implement our program. Our program serves to improve the quality of education by undertaking various activities such as of additional qualified teachers, sponsoring providing scholarships to students, conducting seminars and sector events, providing career guidance and soft skills training etc.
Where we work?
Villages, Government schools, Government hostels, Orphanages, Educational blocks, Taluks and Districts. Indian States, Tamilnadu and Pudhucherry.
What we achieved? (1988 to Now)
- 1343 students reached and benefitted from our projects.
- 100 registered members in our organization 50,000 rupees raised through donations to support our projects.
What is Our Target?
Our goal is to reach and provide quality education to 15000 students in 10 years.
Our aims and objectives
- To provide an integrated development program.
- To kindle the village self-confidence by helping the people to address their problems and petition for basic amenities.
- To raise the standard of education among the weakest sections of society.
- To initiate skill training schemes through which rural people, particularly young people and women, can eventually take up self-employment.
- To raise social and economic status of rural women.
- To motivate and unify communities so that ultimately they can sustain and finance their own development programmes independent of RCT.
- To be the mediator of community independence resulting in the long run, in the overcoming of scheduled caste constraints along with the perception of inferiority which prevails among these groups.
- To strive for an egalitarian society throughout India.
In Other Words
TO HELP PEOPLE TO HELP THEMSELVES.
RCT is a organization which functions beyond caste, creed and religion...
-- M.S. Fernandes
We here at (HRPB) served the children without any variation and discrimination...
I joined Annai English knowledge centre as a teacher from the day it was started at 1989...
-- S .Lurd Francis
Rural Community Trust (RCT) was first started opposite to my home in a rented flat at that time. Nursery school, typing institute...
-- A.S. Joseph